What Is Frequent Urination?
Normally, a healthy person urinates four to seven times per day. Frequent urination happens when you need to go 8 – 10 times or more during a day. It is a very annoying problem but not serious. In some cases, frequent urination may become worsen if not treated quickly, and can cause permanent damage to their health.
Luckily, there are a lot of home remedies for frequent urination that are effective at getting rid of this problem.
What Are Common Causes of Frequent Urination?
This phenomenon can be caused by various reasons. They include:
- Physiological factors: some certain foods and drinks can stimulate urine production. Or you could drink too much water a day.
- The bladder muscles become weaker and less flexible as you age;
- You might have frequent urination if you are pregnant
- Urinary tract infections
- Stones in the urinary tract
- Overactive bladder syndrome
To remove this problem fast, it’s important to address the underlying cause first.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Frequent Urination
- Urinary urgency and frequency
- Uncontrolled urination
- Pain or discomfort during urination
- Passing blood clots in the urine
- Feel painful in the lower abdomen
Home Remedies for Frequent Urination
Here are the best home remedies for frequent urination. You can apply these following natural treatments to get rid of this problem safely and effectively.
- Vitamin D
Vitamin D is one of the most effective methods that can help control frequent urination. This kind of vitamin is useful to maintain muscle strength and function. A 2008 study suggested that women whose vitamin D level are high have a 45% reduction in their chances of developing a pelvic-floor issue, including frequent urination.
How to use:
- Soak up about 5 – 10 minutes the early morning sunlight every day and then your body will produce vitamin D naturally.
- Consume more foods high in vitamin D, such as mushrooms, fish, oysters, fortified yogurt, egg yolks and milk.
You can boost your vitamin D levels by taking supplements after asking your doctor.
This kind of fruit is not only delicious but also can help get rid of frequent urination quickly due to its high concentration of anti-oxidants and other powerful components. Hundreds of studies have shown that the components found in it can help treat this annoying problem as well as lower prostate cancer risk by cancer-causing free radicals.
How to use:
- All you need to do is drinking one cup of the pomegranate juice every day. To get the juice, take a fresh pomegranate and peel and then crush or press the seeds.
- Repeat this natural home treatment once a day until you see a difference or your symptoms resolve.
Amla, (also called Indian Gooseberry) has been used so widely for centuries because of its health benefits. Due to its high content of anti-oxidants, this fruit can help keep the bladder clean and gain more muscle mass and strength as well. To get the best results for treating frequent urination, you should mix it with banana and pure honey.
How to use:
- Crush an amla fruit to extract its juice. You also buy the amla powder online or in the market.
- Add ½ or one teaspoon of pure honey into it and then stir it well
- Consume this mixture with a banana
- Repeat this action 2 – 3 times during a day until you feel better.
If you want to relax your mind and reduce frequent urination as well, yoga is worth considering. Studies have shown that yoga is effective at tightening the muscles in your pelvic floor, leading to a reduction in your frequent urination. In addition, it can also help decrease stress as well as lower blood pressure naturally and quickly.
According to 2012 study published in the Association of American Medical Colleges, the 6-week yoga therapy program can help control the passage of urine in pregnant women. It is also useful to reduce the risk of postpartum depression which is one of the most dangerous problem after the birth.
- Fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek seeds is also known as one of the best home remedies for frequent urination. Due to its abundant amount of phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals, it acts as laxative which is useful for relieving constipation and frequent urination.
How to use:
- Stir and roast the fenugreek seeds until you smell their aroma
- Grind them until they form a fine powder
- Mix ½ teaspoon of this powder with a glass of warm water and then stir it well
- Consume this solution until you notice a difference or your signs disappear
- Repeat this simple home treatment at least twice every day
Note: Store this powder in a clean and cool place after using.
If you are suffering frequent urination, try using yogurt as a simple way to get rid of this problem. We all know that yogurt itself has a large amount of friendly bacteria that kill off any harmful bacteria that might cause infection, including frequent urination.
Moreover, regular consumption of yogurt also helps improve resistance at the cellular level and nourish your skin as well.
It is recommended that you should consume 2 – 3 cups of plain yogurt every day to get the best results. Consumption of artificial sweeteners yogurt may not actually be good for your health, and plain yogurt is always the best choice.
- To avoid frequent urination at night, you should not drink too much water before going to bed.
- Regular exercise to improve the strength of the muscles and sleep better at night
- Avoiding certain types of drinks can make frequent urination worse, such as alcohol, coffee, energy drinks.
- Don’t take a prescription medication without a doctor’s consent.
- If this phenomenon persists and becomes more severe by time, you should see a doctor for a diagnosis as it may be a symptom of the Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)